MOVE + MANIFEST : THIS RETREAT is SOLD OUT. Please see our Florence Retreat in May 2019!!
Besides daily yoga classes, our MOVE + MANIFEST retreats offer a series of mindful workshops that will guide you in the exploration of creative self-expression in your life. We will have meaningful discussions and fun activities intended to help you tap into your own inner wisdom and heartfelt desires. And between the beauty and serenity of Tuscany alongside the vineyards and olive trees, the atmosphere will surely ignite your being with an energy perfect for the creative process.
Some of what to expect from the workshops:
- Energizing & clarifying your dreams
- Connecting with others and this world on a deeper level
- Discovering powerful creative tools for the subconscious using journals, images, affirmations
- Boosting awareness of yourself and how you’re creating your life
- Changing the stories and beliefs holding you back from having exactly what you want!
This magnificent yoga retreat will take place at the acclaimed 5-star hotel, Castello del Nero, the historic home of Florentine noble families Del Nero and Torrigiani, restored to the highest levels of luxury while preserving its 900 years of architectural heritage on over 740-acres of Tuscan landscape.
Travellers seeking authentic Tuscany will find themselves immersed in the renowned beauty of the Chianti wine region. They will discover the rich flavours of seasonal harvests in the award-winning on-site restaurant , and uplifting therapies amidst the natural beauty of ESPA at Castello del Nero.
Picture-perfect landscapes with olive groves and vineyards provide a memorable backdrop for this 12th-century castle. Whimsical details include restored original frescoes, vaulted ceilings, ‘cotto’ floors and a gorgeous collection of antique furniture.
With its 700 acres of centuries-old cypress trees and impressive gardens, Castello del Nero feels much like the fiefdom of a Tuscan lord—and in fact, the original structure has belonged to various noble families since the twelfth century. Frescoes and vaulted ceilings give the design grandeur and formality, as do the terra-cotta floors, claw-foot tubs, and sumptuous four-poster beds done in the baldachin style with fabric headboards. The 50 huge guest rooms designed by Alain Mertens (Madonna and Sting are among his clients) are airy and light, with beautiful fabrics and subtle colors. — Conde Nast Traveler
Healthful, vegetarian food is part of the retreat experience, including breakfasts and dinners daily, as well as dining in the hotel's award-winning restaurant and in amazing restaurants in nearby towns. The cuisine is simple, delicious and Italian, using fresh ingredients from the local markets and on-site gardens. Selection is seasonal, and you can guarantee to love and appreciate each bite. Not only do we enjoy savoring the Italian cuisine, but guests also will get to learn more about the region's fare on a food class and wine-tasting in the surrounding Chianti region with some of Italy's most famous vintages are produced.
Guests will not only enjoy the hotel and encompassing estate, but also the richness of the Italian cities in nearby regions. Day trips will allow students to add arts, culture, adventure, and natural beauty to their retreat experience. Daytrips include visits to the nearby cities of Florence and Siena as well as the "city of towers", San Gimignano and various Chianti wine region villages for tastings.
Daily meditation and yoga classes will be offered in a way to relax, stimulate, and help guests grow in their own personal practice. Classes are open to all levels, beginner to practiced, and can range from gentle, restorative, and more vigorous vinyasa flow and ashtanga styles.* Style and class levels will be determined and moulded to fit participating students' needs, and with a small intimate retreat class size, students will be able to get personalized attention and comfortability to deeply explore their practice. Depending on each retreat location, classes will be held in a dedicated indoor yoga space and some also offer outdoor options as well for us to use if the weather is agreeable.
Certified yoga instructor and EPM founder, Erin Lewis, will facilitate the classes, helping each student focus on improving their practice and gaining new insights into their bodies and movements. She's studied various types of yoga disciplines since 1998, concentrating on the Ashtanga discipline since 2008. She received her teacher certification in Florence, Italy and has continued her education with various specialty certifications throughout the years. She now combines powerful movements with more anatomical-based core vinyasa flow and restorative movement in her personal practice and teaching style.
MOVE+MANIFEST retreats will also feature workshops by our collaborator, Michelle Lee. After leading a successful 13-year career in the corporate world, Michelle transitioned her career into a soul coach, retreat organizer & leader, and internationally certified yoga instructor - following her passions and sharing this with others around the globe. She now leads EPM retreats which, besides yoga, adds workshops for personal development and co-creation. She holds an MBA in Finance from USC, an MA in Spiritual Psychology from University of Santa Monica, and became a certified Ashtanga yoga instructor in Florence, Italy. She lives part of the year in Florence, part in Los Angeles, and part wherever her heart takes her.
DETAILS / PRICING
- 6 days / 5 nights (October 18-23, 2017)
- Inclusive Retreat Price = $3,295 (shared room*), +$650 supplement (single room)
- Deposit to hold space = $950
- Max # Guests = 12
* Many of our guests come alone and we match up based on guest profile
** Final balance due 45 days before retreat start date. Read full cancellation policy in our Terms & Conditions.
- 5-star hotel accommodation (spacious bedrooms each with private bathrooms, linens)
- Daily Breakfast
- Dinners at hotel and restaurants on daytrips
- Arrival/Departure Group Transfers to/from Florence
- Transportation to/from day trips
- Meditation and yoga classes
- "Soul / life coaching" workshops
- Use of yoga mats
- Use of estate premises (hiking trails, pool, etc.)
- Spa day + treatments
- Daytrip and Dinner in Florence
- Evening and Dinner in Siena
- Chianti winery tour + tasting
- Dinner in nearby Chianti village
- Afternoon in San Gimignano + exclusive food class
* airfare not included
** all included dinners are vegetarian. special dietary restrictions can be accommodated
- Florence (enjoy a day in the capital city of Tuscany and birth of the Renaissance with sites, shopping, dinner, and more!)
- Siena (we'll spend an evening exploring this preserved Medieval city with is amazing cathedral, "campo", and ending with a typical Tuscan dinner)
- Spa package and Treatment
- Chianti Winery Tour + Tasting
- Dinner in Chianti village
- Afternoon + Exclusive Food Class in San Gimignano
- Tavarnelle Val di Pesa - Between Florence and Siena, Tuscany
- Nearest airports: Florence Amerigo Vespucci Airport (FLR - Florence), Galileo Galilei Airpot (PSA - Pisa)
- One group transfer will be offered in the arrival afternoon between Florence center and the hotel, and departure transfer from hotel to Florence center on departure morning. Single private transfers are possible and pricing discussed upon request.
Besides the basic packing and travel needs, here are a few things to think about bringing with you.
- Bathing suit (on-site pool, spa)
- Comfortable shoes (city walking, country hiking)
- Yoga clothes
- Personal yoga props (mats and straps will be provided, but if you have a prop you prefer, feel free to bring it along)
- Plug adaptors / converters